So yesterday was one of those days. God was telling me something and I was not listening. Here is how I finally got the message.
I learned the night before that a friend of mine's brother had passed and my heart just reaches out to her and her family. I didn't sleep well because I was up thinking and praying for them. I overslept and Wyatt missed the bus to school.
I visited my mom as I was a little down in the dumps and I really wanted to be near my family. I had a good time visiting there and of course Abby loves to see Grandma.
Later that afternoon I had a meeting a Wyatt's school scheduled. Nothing major, but I wanted to be there. It was scheduled for 2:30 and school lets out at 2:05. I got there about 2:15 and went to pull into the entrance and it was blocked off. So I drove further down the rd, turned around and thought okay Rach what to do? I tried going in the back of the school and realized that is the car rider line that won't work. I went back down the main rd and realized the busses were gone so i was going to go into the exit. Yes, I know not the best solution, but how else could I get in?
So a volunteer, and yes I saw her, comes up the car as I'm pulling into the 2nd parking space beats her hand on the rear passenger window. I get Abby and I out of the car, and the lady is yelling at me. I explained that there were no other options for me to get in. She said they do this every day for the childrens safety. WHAT CHILDREN? There were none in the front of the school, no busses, nothing. She then kept saying I needed to talk with someone. Nope what I needed to do was go inside and get to my meeting. So then she kept boxing me into the car(not punching like boxing but boxing in with her movements). I asked her to move out of my way, and she kept repeating that I needed to talk to some lady. I got around her and she put her hand on my left shoulder to hold me back. I told her not to do it again, and then she accused me of trying to run her over when I came in. WHAT!!?? So I went inside. I was paged to the office like I was 5 years old, and I didn't go. I was in a meeting and I was not going to re-hash this in front of my two children.
Then I went to Publix, my favorite store!! The cashier who rang me up gave me a big stink over using two coupons on the same item. I explained that I always do it when one is a store coupon, and one is a mfr coupon. She said that wasn't the policy. I called the mgr over and of course it was okay, but the lady kept grumbling about it. I explained that she shouldn't let someting so small bug her. Oh well I can't fix it all.
So then I needed gas and went to the gas station. I tried my debit card and ran it as a debit and a credit and it would not pump any gas. Okay my patience was long gone and thankfully another customer said she just came from inside and they had only premium available. Okay I got it God-Rachel go home! So home I went and spent time with the kids. Later that evening a store on a street I was planning to travel on had I gotten the gas burned down. Lesson learned, listen when He is talking.
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment