Monday, April 27, 2009

My best yet!

I'm usually pretty good about my grocery bill and my savings. I am disappointed when I don't save at least 50% on each grocery bill. And yes it has happened where I have only saved a few dollars in a trip. I try to keep those trips at a minimum. It is usually when I do a last minute trip for something and it includes staples like bread, eggs, or milk.

Well this time I had my best savings yet. This was a stock the pantry trip. Not anything I had to have but things we use or I got so cheap that we'll give to the church's food pantry. No-this isn't all I'm going to buy this week as I still have more than 50% of my weekly budget leftover. That will go to meat and of course the staples. So here it is....

I spent $21.66 for $71.69 of groceries. A savings of 72%! Here is what I got.
2 bxs of kraft easy mac
1 bx cheese its
4 jars of pace salsa
3 bxs pop tarts
2 6pk bottled water
1 juicy juice
1 cranberry-grape juice
1.5 lbs bananas
2 lbs mahi mahi
1 soft scrub
1 shout
1 scrubbing bubbles
1 cough drop (DH is sick)
1 gerber lunch thing for Abby
2 bxs go-gurt
2 bks capn crunch
1 donut (wy was being so good)

This included some things I didn't have a coupon for, but were a great deal anyway. Some of the things aren't things I generally buy, but Wy has asked for in previous trips. My response is usually "maybe when it goes on sale". I know he gets tired of hearing it, but he needs to learn. So when I went I took him so that he could see that I would follow through on my statement with the scooby doo go-gurts and the easy mac. He was very excited and he is starting to understand. He said today, "my mom won't buy it if we can't get lots of money off". Well he's got me pegged. Love you Wy!

No comments:

Post a Comment